“They Say….” - Corporate Diaries

Latest

Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday 7 February 2018

“They Say….”

Ever played that game where one person say something in the second person’s ear and that second person say something into third one’s and so on, at the end that last person say those words out openly and everyone laugh out loud as the words sounds completely different from the original and now you have to guess what the original words were?  Childhood passed by but I realized that the game is actually part of the society!

The society adaption is rather flexible than ours, here anyone can be a participant; there is no entry fee, no age criteria, and no qualification criteria. Regarding the turn to guess, it’s actually tricky. You observe something, tell your friend about it she pass it on to others and here you go you actually started a round of game here as a “source”. You hear something make opinion, tell your friends with your own personal remarks; here you act as a “participant”. Now the most interesting part to play in the game is the role of “protagonist” aka “hero” of the script, you must be wondering what’s interesting in this ? Well its interesting because the hero is actually unaware of the role he/she is playing.  The person only gets to know when either any of the participant is known to him or the air becomes so thick that it just whispers into the ears. Well now what? The cat is out of the bag and as the structure of the game the words are completely changed. The reaction of our hero varies upon the script written by very fine authors of the society, who by the way he has acted but only get to know only after release.

 Sometimes the script is comedy so our hero joins the crowd and laugh along, if its action he poses like superhero but sometimes (well 8 out of 10 times) it turns out to be over dramatic and eventually tragic. In that case the protagonist actually changes into antagonist, he tries to question but no one listens, he tries to justify no one cares, he tries to clarify no one believe!  The damage is done as this movie releases with NO “Disclaimer” saying “It’s an art of fiction and nowhere related to reality” now the best you can do is deal with it.

One sad and dark phase of society is “Right is what said by people!” Even God couldn’t prove himself against people. Don’t believe it, I have proof. “Goddess Sita” being a “Queen” and on top of that being a “Goddess” couldn’t clarify herself. “Lord Ram” being a “King” and on top of that being a “God” despite knowing that his wife was innocent couldn’t do anything except being a decision maker and sending her to exile.

By the time you are getting popular, suddenly you realize that your family is not just limited to the “faces on ration card” but it’s actually extended to everyone who actually “has a ration card”. So, don’t get amazed if your relatives who till now existed only in your mom and dad’s wedding album questions about your choices, neighbor commenting on your living style, or the shopkeeper round the block comment about your decisions. In no time you realize your life becomes a public property and as most of us aware what happens to public property in India!

The game becomes even more interesting for the participants when the victim is a “girl”, it’s even easier to start.  If “she” gets promoted then must be in a good “terms” with the manager, if “she” is taking time to get married then must have be in a relationship or must have already married, if “she” is working and a mother then how horrible mother/housewife/DIL she is, if a man has not brought lunch then how bad the wife is! So “they” never have stopped, never will and have only grown over time as per my observation atleast.

As time passed by..
I realize “They” counts multiply
Earlier it used to be strangers
But now I found even my closest not worth to rely..

Like most of the sensible adults we tackle this at our own level. Most popularly used way is “Ignorance”, we ignore most of the times and focus and we “try” to feel immune to these. But sometimes that continuous poking finds a way and hurts like hell. That one “comment”, one bad “rumor”, one “taunt” just pierces every layer of armor we build with self-confidence, ignorance, focus and strip us naked defenseless.

While the wound was turning pink
Another hit took me down to sink

The applause in board room expected my smile
My lips extended while my soul was sinking down the mile
The mirror showed me reflection of mine
I could only see a shell where a person uses to lie…

So, what does that mean? Should we give up on our voice, on our opinion? Should we try and clarify the air and most importantly is it worth it? Well even I don’t have actual solution to this problem but one thing for sure is “they” are never going to stop. So, surrendering is not a solution as if today you give up today I promise they will come back again with another script “comedy”, “action”, “drama” then? So, ask yourself who’s voice is, dream are in question here? Who’ll be on the losing side if you gave up?  Regarding clarification, do only to them who deserves it and more importantly I think if they really are your person it won’t even be needed there! So,

Whenever there is pressure on your armor, find an exit to relieve it!
If there is crack in it then use some motivation and conceal it!
Finally if its broke then collect the pieces and rebuild it!

So, next time ..
They say I am selfish
I say I mind my own business

They say I am hurt
I say I don’t want to forget where I’ve came from

They say I haven’t changed
I say I like it that way

They say I am blunt
I say I said what I felt

They say I am good
I say I know I am better

They say I am getting old
I say I am getting mature

They say you’ve made mistake
I say I gained experiences

They say I am fat
I say I am healthy

They say the pay cheque figures are less
I say it’s enough to buy me independence



One slightly brighter side to this is that, “they” treat everyone equally, meaning no difference between rich, poor. So, next time feeling alone and need a company Google your favorite celeb and feel like one!

Link to my other articles:

Want to give up? May be..
Monday Blues!
Type of background buzz at work
The Mini Boss Syndrome
The Power of Influence
Happy Wo"man"'s Day!
A conversation with yourself
Important things I do in not so important meetings

1 comment:

  1. Well! Amazing experience of life and your mind is powerful thing.. Sometimes we have an ocean of feelings in which we feel we are drowning and sometimes we are as empty as night without moon!! Wonderful is about to happen babes :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete