Happy WO"MEN"'s Day!! - Corporate Diaries

Latest

Wikipedia

Search results

Thursday 8 March 2018

Happy WO"MEN"'s Day!!

Happy WO"MEN"'s Day!!

What exactly a woman needs from society aside from an extra coach in trains, special privileges in name of respect!


Last year, when I reached my desk in the morning, there was chocolate wrapped in shiny paper and a pen, need a special mention here a “PINK” pen was waiting for me. “Aww” and a smile on my face was my response to that, well every gesture has a reason so, I looked around and there was my friend across the bay raising her eyebrows said “Happy Women’s day”, same to you I said and settled on my seat. While my code was running I plugged in my headphones and there it was “a special playlist for the woman”, great gesture again, I must say “Good music is really needed to pass through a whole day, as your stakeholders not going to give you woman’s day concession”.  After some time while on my way to the cafeteria a news flash line “Woman and Agriculture” caught my attention, again warm gesture. Well, having a day of full limelight, on my way home I couldn’t help to wonder, is this what I want as a “Woman”, a day dedicated specially for you, some sweets and limelight for the day?

Don’t know about you, but I certainly want more out of it. I am a writer and for me, words speak louder than actions, so going by words: “WOMAN” is a self-contained word that itself contains the word “MAN”, so even literally a “WOMAN” always takes “MAN” along! Whenever we say “woman”, it’s quite implicit that she’s taking her “man” along. From as basic as her name, her residing address, to her lifestyle, dressing sense, her career, her security every single thing is very casually seen as derived from a man.  When she is a girl she has to ask her dad for a party when she is a woman she needs her husband’s consent for a get-together when she is a “Mother” she needs to look to her kids before her needs when she is a “Mother In Law” another “Woman” is there to ask for her rights!! So, yeah we need more than sweets and a day on our name.

So, what do we need? In my opinion, we need a very basic right that India has achieved in 1947 and that is “Freedom”. This one simple word has a lot of power and its meaning varies from person to person. While for a man its freedom to drink, to involve with as many girls they want and ultimately conquering the World. For Woman it's pretty basic that can be easily granted.  The meaning changes from age to age for her:

For a “girl”, it’s “Freedom of Choice” where she is free to “choose her career” that is actually “Freedom to design her future” so, let her choose

If she wants to wear a white coat and treat others or
If she wants to wear a uniform and break bones
If she wants to fly and fight for her country
If she wants to go to space and touch the stars
If she wants to pick a cricket bat and represent her country
If she wants to put on make-up and get into show business
If she wants to go to IT and earn her a good lifestyle

For a woman its “Freedom to be herself” where it’s a “Choice, not some strict guidelines
“Miss or Mrs.” My Choice
“Change of Name being a spouse” My Choice
“Traditional wear after marriage” My Choice
“Getting intimate with my husband” My Choice
“Losing Weight or wearing XXXL” My Choice
“Driving seat or back seat” My Choice
“Taking care of my parents” My Right

For a mother its “Freedom from obvious”,“Freedom from taken For Granted” and “Freedom from guilt of thinking about herself

Currency in place of “Tiffin Box” Not Guilty
Sleep in place of “Early chores” Not Guilty
“TV time” in place of “Dishes” Not Guilty
“I am busy” in place of “Yes Baby tell me” Not Guilty
“Chasing Deadlines” in place of “pacifying in-laws” Not Guilty
“Me time” in place of a “family function” Not Guilty
“Meetings” in place of “Parent-Teacher Meet” Not Guilty
This “Woman’s Day”, I would request you to if you want to give something then just take a pen and a paper and write down “FREEDOM” on it, fold it and put in an envelope and present it to someone you really want to wish and help!

You don't need to wait for one special day to do that,  just make a small change in the way of your thinking and make this world a better place!!

Link to my other articles:
Why Mails are such key component in professional world!
Want to give up? May be..
Monday Blues!
Type of background buzz at work
The Mini Boss Syndrome
The Power of Influence
They say..
A conversation with yourself
Important things I do in not so important meetings



No comments:

Post a Comment