The background music…. - Corporate Diaries

Latest

Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday 10 January 2018

The background music….

When I joined my organization they gave me a welcome kit having a diary, a pen, and a sipper with the classic company logo on them. So, with a colorful strap around my neck, a logo on my backpack, sipper, and my notebook now I kinda look like that wall on the street where advertising agencies put their posters on. But these are not the only goodies or gifts I got from my organization, wondering what else? Well not “what” but “who”, yes my organization blessed me with wonderful people and the best part is some of them I have shared work with and some of them I have an association with is like me and the president but still I know how much they earn, which grade is their kids in, how bad is their domestic help is, how much they are fed up with their mother in laws aghhhh!
It’s like that background music that just has no stop button, it just continues to play no matters what are you doing and how important or lame it is. Well, the genre of music can depend on current affairs like last night’s cricket match, and hot news going around in the country, celebrity wedding or it can be more informative like parenting, stock market, property market and also it can also be aftermath of yesterday’s bitter pill by mother in law/spouse/love interest.
Well I like movies with good music, not just songs but with good background music after all that major fight sequence looks incredible with that great background score otherwise it would have been a simple gang fight. So, imagine this you are watching your favorite action movie, fully involved and there comes the much-awaited fight sequence and all of the sudden a sweet romantic music starts playing in the background. The hero is fighting on a love song, how “FOOL” is that? Well it happens in real life, no need to even imagine I am sure most of you have faced these sort of situations when you are seriously working on a project mumbling your algorithms and suddenly when you are about to crack the code there comes the person behind you on his phone talking like if he is singing opera and showering all of his love to his Juliet whom by the way he met last night. Well the combination can be weird and amazing like sometimes you have your process running and in spare few minutes you chat with your friends about drinks tonight and suddenly the lady behind you starts talking about how her 5 years old passed his first-class test and in no second, she got joined by a few other moms and soon enough they are celebrating! and you feel like you are having cocktails on tare zameen par! Well your the conventional job becomes even more thrilling when the skipper  is batting and yes even if you are not a vid cricket follower, still you’ll get a defined update when people around you change their facial expression 5 times in a few seconds.
Everything has its pros and cons background music can be distracting sometimes but sometimes it can suit your situation and can make suffering a little easy. When you are having some tough time and you are kinda feeling left alone, you hear someone talking in the background about the same thing then it makes at least 2 of you! Needless to mention the free info one can have about what’s happening on the floor, promotions, and every other blip on the radar.

 And in case you are wondering to call it equal? Don’t worry  chances are when your projects have been delivered and you are the one singing the victory song and they are the ones performing a sad scene on a pop music and till then make the best use of your headphones and play the background music of your choice and rock your world!

Link to my other articles


Why Mails are such key component in professional world!

Want to Give Up?  may be..

Type of people in yearly One O One!

Monday Blues!

"They" say I am selfish... I say I mind my own business!

The Mini Boss Syndrome

The Power of Influence

Happy Wo"man"'s Day!

A conversation with yourself

Important things I do in not so important meetings


No comments:

Post a Comment