PG Accommodation! - Corporate Diaries

Latest

Wikipedia

Search results

Sunday 9 September 2018

PG Accommodation!

PG Accommodation! 

Paying guest aka “PG” is a type of accommodation, quite trendy in metro cities of India these days. In simple terms it’s a temporary most economical “stay” arrangement for all those who have left their homes for work, struggle whatever reasons.


The Highs and Lows!

I must say, I had a lot of apprehensions, dreams about this rent out place when I was in college or should I say when I was not earning and putting up with my parents. Like every other child who gets so frustrated with the home restrictions, with continuous poking and questioning, I used to fantasize and dream about a place of my own without any restrictions. Thanks to shows like “Friends”, I never imagined how hard it can be to get a place that fancy like my dreams ; a refrigerator filled with chocolates, drinks, food, fruits; a room of your own, great room mates and so on. So straight to the time when I finished my college and time to get find my dream place one thing that came out to be the most necessary of all was “MONEY”! Yeah believe or not guys it takes a hell lot of money to get your dreams into reality may be writer of “Friends” forgot to mention that. So, asa I got my job I found a shared room with all basic necessities, yeah because my pay cheque didn’t had enough figures to support the entire apartment. In metro cities these basic necessities provided shared rooms are called PGs, no worries if you haven’t visited one I’ve got you some basic traits of this rented place.


The Caretaker


The Caretaker is actually the front face of the place; you’ll see his not so beautiful face the first day when he’ll show you the rooms, every day when he’ll prepare the food and for every other task that’ll be needed in the house. But there are some special days when you’ll find his face more often and mostly at the common places like dining area, the entrance and these are first 10 days of every month. Well unlike us he gets his income aka the rent from tenants for 10 consecutive days.

The Food



I actually had to think for at least 10 minutes for this section. Okay let’s start with good things ; the food is edible, yeah at times its spicy so what? You can get your meals arranged from nearby hotels; what good hotels are for isn’t it! Not to forget about the Special Sundays where you can expect a break from usual. Let’s come to the not so good portion now; 
A) The food is limited so if you have missed it then you’ve missed it. But if you in cordial relations with the cook you can get arranged with something. 
B) Which is sub part of the first and that is: there is timing for food serve, so mark your time well. 
C) No Breakfast or you can say no Lunch : So, the thing is same food is available for breakfast and to pack for lunch as well. It’s up to you what you wanna call it or when you wanna eat it. 

D) Leave your normal taste buds home: This is an often complain by people staying at PG that the food is not good. I don’t know why’s that as oil, spices, color are part of normal food as well right? It’s just that the proportion here is a bit unusual and sometimes unbearable. You have to be adjusting! Too much said let’s move to the brighter side

Independence


Another most important thing that I use to fantasize about is my independence and some ways this place has very well delivered it. First time realized that was when I came late from a party and there was no one I had to answer where was I or with whom and that felt different. Somewhere its needed as well as when you are working even if its not personal your work sometimes demand you to be unusual. But yeah when you are wearing something unusually short, or unusually tipsy then this independence comes handy.


No comments:

Post a Comment