College Nostalgia - Corporate Diaries

Latest

Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday 15 August 2018

College Nostalgia

College Nostalgia

College is one of the best phase of life where the only concern is to stay happy and yes maintain attendance. As I started working, there were a lot of things that got changed whether its from jeans to formals, bunks to tea breaks, lectures to meetings everything changed. 


Things we left with College

When I look back now, I either can’t recognize myself or so astonished to think that was actually me! College gave us knowledge to survive and memories to cherish lifelong. But there is more to it, here are few things that we still miss from our college days and perhaps we left them with college:




Mass Bunks: I still remember my first mass bunk during first year where we were so naïve , unaware of the actions and their consequences that we were just going with the flow. So, it happened with a sudden announcement “let’s get out! This lecture is a mass bunk”, it took me few seconds to actually understand what actually mass bunk is! Post that we all went to canteen but like all first time thieves we left a very main clue that was “Our Bags!!” .So post lecture hour, we went to classroom but couldn’t enter, guess why? The professor got the classroom locked and our bags as well. We all went in shock as if electrocuted. After sometime the lecturer came and I swear he had the same expression that Filch (the librarian cat guy) from Harry potter had when he busted Harry, Ron and Hermione. Like Filch, he was also adamant on calling the HOD on us as well as our parents and we all were having colour from our faces getting vanished slowly.  The excitement ended when Prof Mcgonagall aka our EE professor bailed us out. Didn’t know our life was inspired from Harry Potter, just kidding.
Even today when there is any boring meeting, town hall or any other session I wish someone scream and say it’s a mass bunk! We can go to canteen have some snacks, a little laughter and a lot of excitement.

Sitting in Corridors: It was very unusual when I first saw people sitting on floor across the corridors, listening music, doing their assignments, joking around. But when we got use to of it, it became our favourite hangout place. Whether preparing for exams, waiting for our turn outside the labs for practicals, completing assignments all we need a cool corner and clean floors, best cases scenario a wall to lean on and we were sorted. Hours and hours of wait, sometimes even from morning to evening these corridors were the best buddy.
Sometimes when I am tired or there’s lot going on , in between heist I still look for those floors between the floor carpets.

Paper Writing : “I need assignment on the next2 chapters!” and our face use to drop few inches down as it means hours of writing and yes not to forget  looking for someone who has completed theirs so that we can just plug in music and do one thing “COPY”!!  Notes preparation use to be the most tedious job and who can forget the 3 hours of intense writing i.e our exam sheets. Exam writing use to be the most intense and continuous 3 hours writing as if SRK has said us “Even God can’t steal these 180 minutes from you, so write like hell (provided you know something to write)”.
I hardly remember any time after my last exam where I’ve written on paper that much. As we are in electronic era we mostly rely on mails, word, excel that we slowly forgot our own handwriting.

The I give a dam attitude: What’s worse can happen, “I’ll be late and Teacher won’t allow me” So, what I’ll manage my attendance. “Let’s leave there is a new release this week, we’ll copy the notes”. Were few of the attitude traits we use to carry when we were students. But now, annual performance, bad impact, late hour calls are few things that just took every single ounce of that attitude from that care free person.


No comments:

Post a Comment