Tips for effective Business Communication - Corporate Diaries

Latest

Wikipedia

Search results

Thursday 1 November 2018

Tips for effective Business Communication

Useful Tips for Business Email Writing

“Communication”! That’s always a hot topic in our one o ones where our manager makes us realize the importance of effective business communication. Here are few tips for effective business email communication.




Now communication is a very wider topic where one part emphasizes the importance of communicating with the client which I’ve already discussed in my previous article ( please click this link for reference) . The other part comprises the most important thing and that’s “ what” and “how” to communicate. One very basic way of communicating is emails or any source of written communication where comes into the picture the importance of writing effective business communication. Here are basic points to consider while doing any formal communication:

Maintain the email chain
Email communication is like an open loop so while we are working on it we are actually working towards closing that loop. So it’s very important to use the proper context and to pick the right end and take it towards closure. Most of the time in a hurry we just initiate our own loop that causes 2 things:
A) Your new chain will lack the context and background so either you have to tell the complete story again or we just expect that the end-user knows it all and will understand everything
B) There will be a missing link in the whole communication loop and when you’ll backtrack to complete the whole story you’ll have to go back and forth


Right subject Line
One of my project managers taught me this; he actually said me to deliberately put the subject line as “Roadblock” or “Help needed” though it was a usual update. But that subject line actually did catch his attention when he opened his mailbox the next day and as a result, he marked that as important in his diary. That doesn’t mean I am saying to send every mail with explosive keywords but yes do use your subject line well as these are the keywords that are going to reflect your whole mail.

The “To” and “CC” recipients
Most of the time we just reply all and don’t actually observe who’s actually in the to and whose in CC. To the unknowns, the “To” recipients are actually responsible for the further action of that mail and “CC” people are only kept for keeping them informed. So please check your recipients and their category well before sending out any communication as you are actually passing the ball to someone else’s court so pass it well!

Structure
While composing your mail do structure it well. It should be like a flow first answer the “What” as in what is the problem. Second answer the “why” as in why the problem occurred and finally answer “ how” that will be having the possible actions we can take for the rectification.

Use pointers
Pointers are the best way to write a crisp and precise formal mail. The process includes first break your content into the defined structure as above and then move forward with breaking the content into pointers and finally summarise the pointers to keep it precise and clear.

Avoid attachments
If you are presenting any results then instead of going with attachments just copy and paste your results in the body of your mail. As it will not only add an extra edge to your content but also catch the viewer's attention.

Be careful of your tone
This is very important that you use your tone well as sometimes we don’t intend to say something but the words in your mail give that tone that just ruins the tempo of conversation. So be very subtle while writing to your stakeholders as there is a very fine line between asking and commanding, thanking, and acknowledging.

Basic hygiene checks
Sometimes we emphasize more on the important stuff that we ignore the obvious. So, before hitting that send button just check few basic things like your signature at the end, the format, dates, and any other basic stuff.

23 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for informing us. These tips are really helpful for me. Glad to share this is at https://www.behance.net/allysonbrunetti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Also I couldn’t found the exact location where you have shared the content, if you could point out to exact location then it would be good. Thanks

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing that how I can grow faster and better

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an excellent post I seen thanks to share it. It is really what I wanted to see hope in future you will continue for sharing such a excellent post. everything you need to know about corporate notebook printing

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a truly good site post. Not too many people would actually, the way you just did. I am really impressed that there is so much information about this subject that have been uncovered and you’ve done your best, with so much class. If wanted to know more about green smoke reviews, than by all means come in and check our stuff. https://hrasiamedia.com/media-outreach/chen-zhi-and-prince-holding-group-at-forefront-of-cambodia-private-sectors-esg-initiatives/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This blog is so nice to me. I will keep on coming here again and again. Visit my link as well.. visit this link

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Sure I'll check it out.. please share the post as well

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read all the comments and suggestions posted by the visitors for this article are very fine,We will wait for your next article so only.Thanks! neak oknha chen zhi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information. กองทุนรวม

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I get four emails with the identical comment. Is there any approach you’ll be able to take away me from that service? Thanks
    Kanadan viisumi

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is very careful. Our services are not limited to a particular subject or location to all needy students with an amazing . We have some discounts for students and a half. So they see some offers and slowly visit our brokeschola site. We offer 40% discount. staff of writers and editors. You can avail of our services or hire our assignment helpers at any time as we are available.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once I originally commented I clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now every time a comment is added I get four emails with the identical comment. Is there any approach you’ll be able to take away me from that service? Thanks .<a href="https://www.ottomanbeds.co.uk/product-category/Luxury Headboards
    >Luxury Headboards
    </a>

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful piece of content! I absolutely treasured that browsing. I hope to read simple things a bit more by you. There’s no doubt that you’ve very good coming and in addition imagination. I’m certainly tremendously delighted utilizing this type of info. <a href="https://www.ottomanbeds.co.uk/product-category/Luxury Headboards
    >Luxury Headboards</a>

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful piece of content! I absolutely treasured that browsing. I hope to read simple things a bit more by you. There’s no doubt that you’ve very good coming and in addition imagination. I’m certainly tremendously delighted utilizing this type of info. <a href="https://www.ottomanbeds.co.uk/product-category/Luxury Headboards>Luxury Headboards</a>

    ReplyDelete
  15. I got too much interesting stuff on your blog. I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work. company names ideas

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank You for your feedback! Please keep visiting the blog and keep sharing your feedback.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for such a well-written article. It’s full of insightful information. Your point of view is the best among many without fail.For certain, It is one of the best blogs in my opinion. name for my business

    ReplyDelete
  18. I found Hubwit as a transparent s ite, a social hub which is a conglomerate of Buyers and Sellers who are ready to offer online digital consultancy at decent cost. 維修熱水爐,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Here we discuss the reality of attaining business funding for small businesses. check

    ReplyDelete
  20. You make so many great points here that I read your article a couple of times. This is great content for your readers.
    Real Estate Solutions

    ReplyDelete