Rightly Rewarded! CEO gifted car to employee for walking miles to Work! - Corporate Diaries

Latest

Wikipedia

Search results

Friday 14 September 2018

Rightly Rewarded! CEO gifted car to employee for walking miles to Work!

CEO gifted car to employee for walking miles to Work!





As promised in my last article “Rain and Office”, I have brought you a true and inspiring story how dedication to your work (which in this case was “to reach work”) paid right.

Walter Carr, an Alabama college student had his first day of job next day when he realized his car broke down. Dedicated to his new job he packed his bag and set off from Homewood at midnight only so that he can reach his Bellhops moving job in Pelham before 8AM which was his reporting time.
Pelham police picked Carr around 4 Am and took him to breakfast before dropping him off at the home of a customer “Jenny Lamey”. Lamey offered help to Carr with his car troubles.
I just can’t tell you how touched I was by Walter and his journey. He is humble and kind and cheerful and he had big dreams! He is hardworking and tough,” she posted on Facebook

After seeing the Facebook post, Bellhops CEO Luke Marklin drove from Tennessee to Alabama on Monday and presented his dedicated new employee with his personal 2014 Ford Escape.

Carr says he hopes his story inspires others to fight for what they want out of life, even if it means having sore feet.

Not miles but even I face my difficulties while reaching work, like dragging myself out of bed, hiring cab and not to be late but in my case not CEO but manager do notice me when I quickly try to sneak into morning team huddle. Just kidding!



No comments:

Post a Comment