Management in Daily Life - Corporate Diaries

Latest

Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday 20 March 2019

Management in Daily Life


People often ask me questions about management, about managers and what's the ideal way of management. Recently, someone asked me if its possible to apply those fundamentals to our daily life and if yes then how? So, here are some ways through which you can manage your daily time efficiently.


First of all, I always advice that you don’t really need a job title to manage or to be a manager you can do it anywhere and in any role. It can be managing your daily chores to best utilize the time or it can be rationing your monthly quota. So in a nutshell management is the best utilization of time and resources. If you are asking about daily activities there can be a lot of management done to make best use of your time as well as resources some of the tricks would be:
Prioritize
Its very simple you have limited amount of time and you have unlimited number of tasks so there can be 2 ways to do that: A) just try everything and end up doing nothing B) Just choose specifically and end up doing something. I personally like the second option but then the question is which are those chosen ones? The answer is prioritise and then pick accordingly. Everyone has their own way of life and hence their own way to prioritise some has family priority over work or vice versa, some has quantity over quality so choose your way to prioritise and then achieve your goals.
Utilize your idol time
The best example of this management technique for me would be when I travel and the train goes underground and I am literally blackout in terms of internet connection. For small time its fine but when its good 1–2 hours then I am not ready to loose my time. So I prep accordingly, I download some of my reading stuff, I write, take print out before so any activity that can be done offline. If nothing is there then the least i can do is sleep which itself is an activity for me.
So analyze your day and find out those minutes or hour when you are doing nothing and try to do something.
Plan your day well in advance
I know most of the people suggest this thats why I kept it at a little low in my list. My idea is a little bit different in this as well, I try to manage my day a night before , on top of that I try to do any possible activity for next day . There are 2 reasons for that; first is it reduces the risk of me failing to do the task next day and second I sleep at peace and then wake up happy as I am already ahead of my schedule. Examples of that is any chapter that I have planned for next day I complete tonight, any packing I have to do, any daily chore that save me sometime as even few minutes matter in mornings.
Plan your weekends well
The major time that we get in a week to complete our tasks and even match up with any missing tasks during weekdays is “Weekend” and hence its very important to manage it well as not only you have to empty your work stack but also have to enjoy as thats must as well to keep you refueled for coming hard days. Every sort of cleaning, laundry, bills management, entertainment, pending studies, office work everything needs to be done then. So apply the above management techniques and get the best out of those complete 24/48 hours.
Multitasking
One very good thing that our computer Operating System aka Windows for max of you is “Multitasking”. You are sending mails, downloading files, running code, editing and other major things at back end simultaneously. Ever wondered if that is doing in sequence then how mang days will it take to complete your few hours of task? Not exactly similar but in similar fashion try to figure out activities that can be done parallelly and be your own windows of your tasks!

You have limited number of hours in a day and limited numbers of day in your life so make the best out of it!


1 comment: